It’s been a while since I did an “About Me” post. You can see my last one here and my standing bio here. After my post on Monday about what I would tell my 18-year-old self, it got me thinking about how I’ve changed and in what ways I’ve stayed the same. So I felt like this was a great opportunity to share a few more random things about me that you probably don’t know.
– When I was younger I would have described myself as shy. Now I would say I am just reserved. I can be bubbly and charming when I need to be (my job requires it). But I’m much more comfortable letting others be the center of attention. It’s definitely the introvert in me.
– I am obsessed with Harry Potter. If you saw on my Instagram Stories not too long ago, I took a 100 question HP quiz and got a 100% – and I’m pretty proud of that! I’ve read each book multiple times. When I was little, my dad would read them aloud to me and I knew when he changed the words around. He did that on purpose to make sure I was listening!
– I am a total animal lover! If there is an animal in a room full of people I will go straight to the animal. I also associate every animal with my dog, Bear. So seeing any animal in distress or pain physically hurts me. Any Game of Thrones fans? The scenes where they kill the direwolves… I started crying uncontrollably. Brian thought I had lost it!
– My parents met and fell in love in Naples, Italy and I like to think that makes me Italian. In reality I am mostly German and wasn’t born until many years later in Texas. When I visited Italy a lady came up to me in a store speaking to me in Italian. A sales person came over to help her and then said to me, “I’m sorry she thinks you work here.” It kind of made my day.
– I am an extremely empathetic person. I feel things really deeply. As you can probably tell from my Game of Thrones outburst.
– I love everything Disney related. Disney movies, parks, cruises, anything! I have been to Disney Land, Disney World and Euro Disney in Paris. I have been to Disney World more in my adult life than I did as a child. It’s the happiest place on earth!
– In college I studied business. My major was in Entrepreneurship which I loved! At the time I was thinking about starting my own boutique. After I finished college I realized I was more drawn to blogging than owning my own physical store. It took a few years, but that’s ultimately why I started Waketon Road.
That’s all the random things I can think of right now! Can you relate to any of these? Please tell me I’m not the only crazy lady who cries when animals die in TV shows! Thanks as always for stopping by! xo Bryn
Shop the Look: